Friends are an integral part of life- some find it easy, whilst others may struggle. There is no step-to-step guide, and each person is different, but here are some general tips on how to make it easier.
1. Have the confidence to introduce yourself! Everything starts with confidence, and you never know until you try- it is likely that others are just as scared as you- so take initiative!
2. Use your listening skills! A friendship should never be one-sided, make sure to listen and feedback to your friend; they should feel heard!
3. Remember to joke- a friendship should be light-hearted! Ensure that your jokes don’t make fun of anyone, it is better to laugh with than to laugh at!
4. Pick someone you radiate towards- someone who is outgoing and kind, as well as someone who you can relate with!
5. Don’t judge a book by its cover! Some people may take some time to come out of their shell, they’re still worthy of your time and friendship!
Remember, friendship is fundamentally about having someone you can be truly comfortable with- not about superficial things like what others think! There will be disagreements sometimes, but remember you can get through it- find someone who will correct you when you are wrong, and who will encourage you to be your best self.